Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Antoher reasong to homeschool, CNN kids news being broadcast in our local schools!

Antoher reasong to homeschool, CNN kids news being broadcast in our local schools!

So our neighbor kids get there view of the world at school, I can't believe this, but our local schools broadcast CNN kids news and this biased reporting is shaping their minds and thinking.

I don't understand how their biased reporting is being allowed,

or lets back up a step why are their even TV's in school in the

first place!

re: Antoher reasong to homeschool, CNN kids news being broadcast in our local schools!

Because the schools are less about "education" and more about "indoctrination," unfortunately.

K

re: Antoher reasong to homeschool, CNN kids news being broadcast in our local schools!

Well, there were TVs in schools when I was a dc, but I know what you mean. We certainly didn't see shows like that. Thing is, "they" don't see this stuff as biased at all -- to them, it's the real news! I do think parents should demand equal time. Let the dc watch FN too.

We watched Electric Company, and boring documentaries. Were there videos back then? I don't think so. How did we watch those documentaries?

Film strips the kind with the separate audio and the bell dinged when it was time for the teacher to change the strip up one notch, And traditional film and what fun it was when the teacher would keep the projector on while she rewound the reel and we could watch the people walk backwards and such it was so funny.

Those were the days...

Later we had TV's but that was only to watch video tapes, I can't believe that schools would actually watch television at all, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I only watched Electric Company at home. At school, we saw documentaries or books made into film, like Uncle Tom's Cabin, when we were studying the Civil War and history of slavery, etc. We didn't watch much overall, though. If we weren't being taught, we were either doing homework in class, or working on projects, usually group projects (where 1 or 2 did all the work, and the other 2 or 3 didn't pull their weight except to make the title in calligraphy or some such thing). But the teachers always acted as if the entire group had contributed to the final glowing result! Good little Communist training!

Film strips the kind with the separate audio and the bell dinged when it was time for the teacher to change the strip up one notch, And traditional film and what fun it was when the teacher would keep the projector on while she rewound the reel and we could watch the people walk backwards and such it was so funny.

^^^

Yes! Lol Your description is so good, it brings it all to mind! :o)

Wow, I never thought about what those group projects really taught!

Too funny!

I went to a Christian school and never had group projects, come to think of it I don't recall having any in high school either, but it was run by conservative Christians in a small town I never gave much thought to how much their presence influenced my own education, God was good to provide for us in that way, this for me points to the need for Christians to be active in their communities, not just gathering food or something for the poor, but taking on leadership roles that may impact generations.

Hmmm, I never got my communist indoctrination until I entered college!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat