General Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

What is your ideal day for the new school year?

What is your ideal day for the new school year?

Now that I have all my curriculum picked out for 2011-12, I'm starting to think about how my ideal day would go. I'll check back in a couple months to see how my 'real' typical days compare.

6:00 Shower, exercise, computer time, breakfast, etc.
8:00 Wake up ds & fix his breakfast
9:00 Read America The Beautiful lesson together & any other book that we're reading together.
9:30 or 10:00 Teaching Textbooks Math Lesson and ACE Science
11:00 America The Beautiful assignments
12:00 or 12:30 Lunch
1:00 - ? If necessary, Finish ATB assignments; Work on Scout merit badges/Art Projects/Music

On the mornings that I need to take care of my Mother, our times will need to be set back an hour or two.

re: What is your ideal day for the new school year?

This has changed, I'll post another when I make it :)

This post was edited on Aug 03, 2011 07:30 PM

Dd - Sophmore
7:30 - alarm goes off
8:00 - we finally see her beautiful face, she slumps around the house eating breakfast and hopefully getting her chores done.
9:00 - School starts with Daily devotion
9:15-11:30 - Math (which she does with her brother), History and Spanish
11:30 - 12:30 - Lunch break
12:30 - 3:00 - Literature, Psych, Home ec.
Then school is over and she reads or does other activities until dinner at 5:30 after dinner its computer/tv/video game time and more reading and night chores and showers etc. She normally goes to bed around 10 or 10:30

My son has yet to decide his schedule this year I know he'll wake up at the same time as my daughter and do math with her. Other then that hes on his own.

I wake up at 6 and get my devos and some laundry or something done. I then work on my home buisness or help the kids with whatever they need and do more cleaning etc.

Ideal?
Everyone up by seven, schooling by 8, and done by 2.

Reality?
Every day is a little different, and I'm okay with that.

Michelle32

After a month or so of school, this was our day today:
(times are approximate)
6:30 Woken up by new puppy, shower, computer, etc.
8:00 Woke up daughter and saw her off to school (college)
9:00 Woke up Luke and fixed his breakfast
9:30 Read together - America The Beautiful lesson, Books about Anne Hutchinson, Great Lakes, Chuck Berry, and American artists
11:00 Luke did his TT Math Lesson & ACE Science Pace
12:00 Neighbor comes by needing help with her car; Luke puts on the spare and airs her tires up; after that, he also finally takes a shower and get dressed
1:00 Luke does Spelling/Grammar and starts on America The Beautiful
2:15 Kate gets home from college, so we all stop to make and eat lunch/dinner (dh is out of town, so this is our main meal of the day.)
3:30 Luke finishes America The Beautiful work while I go to my parent's house to get my mother up from her nap & feed her

Boy Scout Merit Badge work is put off until tonight - if we're not too tired; new puppy gets a bath for obedience school tonight (my kids are homeschooled, but the dogs go to school)

Our day isn't quite like the 'ideal' day I posted a month ago, but I'm pretty happy with what's getting done.

Up at 7:00. Schooling by 8:00, done before lunch for little ones. Done by 2:00 for older ones.

It doesn't happen though.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to General Discussions