General Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Scheduling evenings

Scheduling evenings

On the days we are home dh still is gone til about 9:30pm. It just seems from 4-9:30 drags on and everyone is bored and into everything. I need structure the most at that time.

re: Scheduling evenings

Have you considered doing some of your learning in the evening? You could save a couple subjects for this time-frame. Or designate a themed activity for each night. One night a week is letter writing night (to family, friends, missionaries, government leaders, businesses), another night could be craft/art night, another could be game night.

If this is a difficult time of day, fill it up and relax your schedule at other times of the day.

re: Scheduling evenings

Don't be afraid to pop in a good movie. My husband works about 6-8 night shifts a month and while game nights, etc are good, sometimes I am just overly tired from all the interaction with the children all day. About 2-3 of those nights I will slip in a movie we can all enjoy and we're still spending time together, but I don't feel so much pressure. Tonight hubby is working and I'm letting the girls sleep with me and we're going to watch Love Comes Softly - one of our faves!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to General Discussions