General Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

O.K., How about a typical week? Every day is unique!

O.K., How about a typical week? Every day is unique!

Monday - Everybody is sluggish from the weekend, but we start school at 8:30 or 9 am in spite of the Monday blues. We start w/a Bible study of some sort - right now we're studying courage. DD and I stay at the dining table and work through her "seatwork" lessons. DS heads to the sofa a few feet away and does all of his 8th grade seatwork, including his math DVD.

We break for lunch around 11:30 and resume lessons after a half hour break. Usually, after wrapping up the 3 R's, we do history together after lunch. We are done by 2 pm and do our own thing until I leave for work at 3. Like I said, we're sluggish on Mondays so everything takes longer.

Tuesday - we start at 8:30 and keep the same schedule as above, trying to be done with seatwork by noon so we can add a lot of the extras to the end of the school day. Art, crafts, projects, errands, cleaning, laundry - whatever needs to be done. DS leaves for his recreation group at 3. Scouts is at 7.

Wednesday - Band in the morning - leave the house at 8:30. I bring along seatwork for dd while she waits for her lesson (while db is having his lesson). Home by 11 am, and we do some seatwork, have lunch at noon and back to a bit of seatwork. No extras. I leave for work at 3. DS has youth group at church in the evening.

Thursday - Usual a.m. schedule. We make sure we wrap up by 1 or 1:30 as we go to a phy-ed program at 2 pm. I stay for an hour and chat w/ moms and then tag my husband who comes to pick the kids up as I have to head to work.

Friday - We try to make this day lighter. We take spelling tests, get our math done, do projects. We try to be done by noon. I like to get the house tidy on Fridays so we do chores before we even start school. DD and I host a girl's social group in our home one Friday a month.

Toss in one to two field trips a month, or any number of other things that seem to mess with the schedule, and you've got a typical day.

re: O.K., How about a typical week? Every day is unique!

We pretty much follow the same schedule every day as our outside activities are all at night, but we often keep it light on Fridays since MFW ECC schedules it that way, and by Friday we really need it!

Mondays and Fridays my highschool girls go to basketball practice at 1 about 30 miles from my house so we only work 3 rs those days in the mornings starting about 10 am and stopping about 11:30. On T-Th we.start about 9am with breakfast and are usually working by 9:30 or 10am. Youngers are done by 12-1 usually for the day, olders work a lot independently so there daily schedule varies a lot. On Sat. Morning, we do Latin with 10th grader, usually before lunch for about two hours.

I love to hear others schedules - maybe a little voyeuristic, but I think it's refreshing to know others are out there doing the same things! here's a glimpse into ours:
Mon/Wed - We do Spanish at 9 after chores (assigned)
then spelling and we do a switch-off after that
dd1 math/dd2 LA then
dd2 math/dd1 LA then
30 minute break for lunch - I have to watch it doesn't drag longer
Soc. St/Hist/ Geog for about an hour then
Science, Lit. and all independent assignments and
possibly homework from co-op classes
dd1 goes to the barn for horse lessons after that

Tues/Thurs - we switch out Spanish for a devo time/bible study
the rest is the same
dd2 has soccer practice or games

Friday - we go to an all-day co-op where kids do science labs, health, art, phys ed,lit., and other elective courses
when we get home we do spelling tests, and I often assign some homework for the weekend - math and spanish practice, science study and a current event article/ essay for soc. st. that's about it for my olders...
I also throw in preschool work everyday with the 2 youngers in the afternoon, while olders do their science/independent work -
this is a story & theme lesson, phonics work and beginning math.
That's our week!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to General Discussions