General Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Repost typical day

Repost typical day

I posted this on the old boards, but it's still about typical for our day.

Okay, so early this am I take my oldest dd to cosmetology school. Usually she takes the bus (she can't drive due to epilepsy) but today she had to take a large kit. So I drove her the half hour there. She gets out to realize, she didn't bring the kit. So I have to go back and get it and take it to her. Two hours down. Then dh calls as I head back to say he dropped ds off at gymnastics, but ds forgot his grips. So I have to go get them and take them to ds. I grab the other 4 kids in the car, take the grips to ds, and barely make it in time to get to other dd's hair appointment. It would have been faster if the baby hadn't played in the chocolate milk and had a mess, and the cat hadn't thrown up on the floor. So we sit there, but it is taking some time for the hairdresser to start, so I have to leave dd there, pile the kids in the car and head to get ds from the gym. At which point ds (7) says he isn't feeling good and thinks he is going to throw up. So I quickly pull over and have him step outside. He spits. Then tells me, "I didn't actually mean now". So he gets back in the car. I drive a few yards and he has projectile vomiting all over the car and once clean baby. He says, "Now". Baby screaming, boy screaming and dd (8) saying O gross over and over. I have ds stand outside again (yes, I did stop the car and yes I did pull over to the side first) and have to take out mats that are swimming in sick. I use paper towels as best I can, have to take ds pants off before getting him back in (this was a residential road with very little traffic mostly vacant lots). I leave the scene before realizing I left the car headphones out of the car, and have to go back and get them.

So now I have one child at the gym needing to be picked up 10 minutes ago, one at the salon (she is 12), one throwing up, one with throw up on them and one chattering away. I can't get my other kids with ds throwing up, so I take him and dd to the house, call dh (who thankfully was at that time working at a hospital about 7 minutes away) and told him to come home to watch them. I took baby (cleaned) and went to get ds from gym, then went to pick up dd from salon. I had quickly sprayed off my mats and left them on the driveway to dry. DH drove over them when he pulled in.

So then we are home, after cleaning the car for an hour, I'm about to start school. The piano teacher comes, which delays things always. I am receiving long awaited packages but our subdivision has a gate, and I forwarded the phone calls to my cell, and I was using my bluetooth. But now people are calling to get in the gate and I can't find my bluetooth and I can't open the gate, so I miss some packages. Luckily I found it in time to let the computer guy in. He is setting up our new Mac. He is the nicest, chattiest, weirdest, geekiest (in a nice way) guy I have met. He stays for four hours and talks all the way through. He has trouble getting some things going, informing me he has never done this before. He spends a lot of time talking about things like The Rocky Horror Picture show, which must have something to do with Macs, but I haven't figured out what.

So because he takes so long, I call my mom to ask her if she can take dd to gymnastics. But mom never seems to remember that a cell phone (that I bought her and am paying her monthly bill for so that she can be in contact) only works when you take the phone with you. So dd misses gymnastics. The guy finishes in time to get ds to gymnastics again. My oldest returns from school with a friend, ready to eat dinner and I have nothing. So I take ds to gymnastics and stop at the store to get quite a few things. I checkout and then realize my wallet is at home, where I took it out to show Rocky Horror Boy my ID. My dd gets her friend to run the wallet over, I go home and get dinner done in time to pick up ds. While waiting for him I realize that my new Macbook will not work with my wireless card, I have to get a new one. And Rocky Horror boy put a Star Trek silly tune on my desktop and I dont know how to get it off.

Oh, and the dog ate my ds son (the sick one) dinner off the table.

re: Repost typical day

Aubin- I'm worn out just reading this! Good grief- I hope this isn't a TYPICAL day, although some days are just like this. I have been thinking my days were a little hectic- but now, I think I'll sit down and hush up. You take the cake!

re: Repost typical day

Lol!!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to General Discussions