Reply to topic

Search

Marty's kids' school daze, er DAYS! =)

Marty's kids' school daze, er DAYS! =)

Typically, this is our plan:

7:30 start waking up
7:45 hey, time to wake up
8:00 Wake Up! =D
8:15 breakfast, few light chores - feed dog, empty/fill ice trays, empty dishwasher, start laundry, etc.

Kids are to start school at 9:00, so any emails and facebooking need to be done before that. So if they didn't get up early enough, they're out of luck. So sad!

Break/lunch/PE 11:30-12:45 or so. Mostly "or so." ;)

12:45-ish - back to school.
3:00 - hopefully we're finished.

dd1515, 10th grade:
SOS English
BJU Bible
BJU Geometry as soon as we finish Algebra 1
The Learnables Spanish
Wordly Wise Spelling
Apologia Biology
US History

dd13, 8th grade:
SOS English
SOS Spelling (included in English)
SOS American History
BJU Bible
BJU Pre-Algebra
SOS Science

ds13, 7th/8th grade:
SOS American History
SOS Science
BJU Bible
BJU 7th Math
BJU 7th English
Easy Grammar
Sequential Spelling

I don't have a set schedule for each subject. ds13 and dd13 usually do their SOS subjects together first, and I'll help dd15 w/ Algebra or whatever. Then while I help ds with math and English, the girls work on their own. Dd13 will come to me if she needs help w/ math.

--Monday, we do science experiments around 10:00 am, so the kids are up a little earlier those days, and get as much schoolwork finished as possible before the cousins come.
--Wednesday - piano lessons 9am, errands, etc. Get home around noon.
Both those are light days - we'll at least do math and English, and one of science ~OR~ history.

This post was edited on Sep 10, 2014 12:47 PM

re: Marty's kids' school daze, er DAYS! =)

Looks like a good plan to me. :D I don't have a set order for mine to do their work either. Unless it's been a year that we've done unit studies, I've always let them decide what order they want to do their subjects.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to General Discussions