General Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

HSing a joy?

HSing a joy?

I dont remember which post, but somewhere i saw someone mention enjoying the school time. i just realized something, sometimes i try to whip through school to get to the rest of our day, and im sad:( why do i do that? school is fun, actually, and i want my dc to love to learn, so i think that i need to remember how fun and enjoyable learning really is! anyone else have that issue, or am i the only boring mama out there? its not every day, but there are days like that.

re: HSing a joy?

I always feel like I am rushing through school because I have to be done by noon since I work (dh is taking over science this school year, so that should help). I often feel like I am not savoring the learning and the time with my boys enough. I am always looking at that darn clock. I often wish I didn't work so I could just slow down and we could enjoy the learning more. Schooling can be very difficult and not joyful at all, especially when coaxing my son to do the work; but most of the time I truly enjoy it. I do know that we are blessed that we are able to homeschool our boys, even if I don't always appreciate that blessing.

I consider it a joy in that, I get to enjoy having my children home with me. It can get hectic though, will a little baby here.

Realistically, most days are hectic. With a toddler and an infant in the house it can be extremely challenging to school DS. We are interrupted repeatability. But a teacher told me that even if DS was in a class room there would be constant interruptions as well, and that it's just a fact of life.

I often feel that we rush through too, but DS doesn't seem to mind b/c he wants to finish as quickly as possible. So that seems to work out for both our ends :)

Katleti

It's a joy when the kids are focused, I'm rested, and we
go with the flow. Some days are just not joyful b/c of our sinful
selves. I admit, we have some lousy days that suck the joy out of HSing. Most days we really do enjoy being home together and doing our lessons though.

Michelle

I admit, too, that I have days where I am just "trying to get school done" so that we can move on with our day. It really ought not be that way. Sure, there are times we HAVE to get done by a certain time because we HAVE to be somewhere...but there are days I just feel like it's a chore to accomplish to get to what I'd really rather be doing (or feel pressure to be doing).

I used to LOVE hsing, till my dd's LD's took a turn. I loved getting up, getting into the groove. Although, I've always felt "rushed" to do schoolwork. I or my children didn't pick up on certain things because we "had to get finished". I'm going to try to "take my time and enjoy". I don't know why I'm always in such a "hurry". Her LD's really took a toll on our schooling this year. My ds is very compliant and he began to "hate" school because of her negative att. and our constant bickering. I'm going to try it again this year. We've made certain adjustments and I'm hoping it will help her.

Love...Laugh...Learn

IN THAT ORDER!!! If I could just remember to do that EVERYDAY...homeschooling would always be a joy.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to General Discussions