General Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

What I learned from starting our HS year early :)

What I learned from starting our HS year early :)

It is time to pull out the crock pot!

We started school on Monday, August 15th and we made it through until Thursday before everyone got sick.

I started my 9th grader with a mostly full schedule so he could get used to his new materials and get comfortable with working towards independence for most subjects by the end of the week.

My 8th grade DD just had to do English and Math that week since the first lessons in math would be review and she's used Saxon before. She'll have a full load next week.
Then my Ker will start at the end of the month.

Well, Tuesday morning my youngest woke up miserably sick and required a lot of my time. I did what I could with oldest during youngest's short naps. By Wednesday night, the older two were sick and needed to rest, too.

So, we are gonna give it another try this coming Monday. :)
I've got my meals planned out for the week and most of the dinners are crock pot meals. I need to untie the chain on my ankle that leads to the kitchen.

Let's not even talk about finishing well. Any other ideas on how to start off well?

re: What I learned from starting our HS year early :)

I know this is an old post, but the crock pot is awesome! Did you ever come up with any other ideas on how to make things easier?

Reply to topic

Search

Return to General Discussions