General Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Advice for homeschooling 1st grade and Kinder with a 3 yr old

Advice for homeschooling 1st grade and Kinder with a 3 yr old

Hi!
I am looking for advice on scheduling for next year! I will have a daughter in first grade, a son in kindergarten and a 3 year old that I will be doing things with. I already have a somewhat schedule in place..
My daughter is a night person and my son is all about mornings, so I figure I'm going to work with my son first and then work with my daughter later after she has woken up a bit more. Lol.
My main concern is my 3 year old. She is a handful! One of my main problems...and I guess I should have thought about this more..is that she literally loses it when I read! She doesn't want me reading, period. At bedtime she will come grab the book out of my hand and scream bloody murder. When she was 1 I'd try to read her a boo and she'd get up with the book and walk to another room and sit down and look at it herself. I'm planning on talking to the pediatrician but short of that my history and science curriculums next year are all literature based. I thought she'd outgrow it by now. Any suggestions on scheduling the older two and how tosolve the problem with the third?

re: Advice for homeschooling 1st grade and Kinder with a 3 yr old

I would repost this in homeschool forum. You should get more feed back there. Many are pros at homeschooling with different age groups.I am homeschooling two children in the same grade. I cannot offer any advice.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to General Discussions