General Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

what does your homeschool day schedule for 2012-2013 look like?

re: what does your homeschool day schedule for 2012-2013 look like?

The kids get up around 6:30, eat breakfast, shower, and get ready for the day. I leave around 7:30 for work and they begin their studies that have been assigned. My husband is around throughout the day to help them if needed, but mostly they are independent. Around 2 they head off to sports practices. Around 6 we are all back home, eat dinner together then I help them with any thing they struggled with during the day.

No set schedule for the order of school work, they just work at their own pace knowing that by the end of the night their assigned work for the day needs to be completed.

On weekends we may spend some time reviewing a lesson that they didn't quite get or doing labs/projects.

U

This post was edited on Mar 30, 2013 07:59 AM

I'm a first time homeschooling mother of four; an eight, six, three, and one year old. after a month of school we are throwing our curriculum out the door and starting new. Does anyone have any ideas on how to teach one child how to read, while preparing meals, changing diapers, tempering the tempers of a three year old, and trying to provide an optimal learning environment for the 8 year old who often gets frustrated at the noise level and chaos? HELP PLEASE!

heatherisalds- Check on the homeschooling discussion forums, if you haven't already and you will get a lot of answers to your questions.

On a good day it goes like this:

My niece (I just usually call her my 6th grader--it's complicated) usually wakes up around 8:30, feeds the bunnies, washes dishes, eats breakfast, and then gets started on her independent work. She has a week-by-week schedule that tells her which lessons are due that week posted on the wall by her desk. Then she also has a daily checklist to complete and turn in at the end of each day. She and I both love these lists. For the most part there are few questions from her on what to do next.

ODS (6), my first grader, is a bit slower moving in the mornings, but we are striving to complete at least one of his subjects before morning nap for the baby at 10:30ish. His big focus is the 3-R's really with a couple of science and social studies lessons here and there.

M-W are our heavy academic days.

We do history as a group M-W. Bible and geography are rolled in to history with a review and timeline and applicable map work on Thursday.

Friday is science day. And catch-up day :).

Oh, and read-aloud is almost every day. Anytime I can when baby is not banging or exercising his voice.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to General Discussions