General Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Mcruffy

Mcruffy

Has anyone used this phonics curriculum? I really like it but am concerned that it doesn't cover everything. I Am considering buying grade one and finding a supplement for writing skills. I may just switch to k12. Has anyone had success with this program from k-2? The k curriculum is good but am worried maybe grade 1 isn't hard enough because I believe it doesn't teach writing skills such as: writing a poem, story, paragraph, letter,or book report.

re: Mcruffy

try posting this under 'homeschooling discussions'. i think you'll get more feedback...
i myself haven't used this, but i'm sure there are some who have...
hope this helps...

Hi! I used McRuffy K phonics, math, and science last year with my daughter. I absolutely loved it! The phonics program is great. My daughter and I love all the books. The only thing I would say is to use all the extra resources that comes with it. Last year I had a 4 year old and 3 year old that took up a lot of my time so unfortunately we didn't use all the extras. Luckily, my daughter catched on very quickly and we didn't lose out on to much. I am a little worried though that she was reading from memorization and not from sounding out the words. I think that is just part of herpersonality though. She is very cautious and doesn't like to make mistakes. I don't see how she could pick up a book a read through the whole thing without having learned something.
Next year for first grade we will be using Abeka and I will be using the McRuffy K program for my son. If my friend hadn't given me the Abeka stuff for free, I would have ordered the first grade McRuffycurriculum. Im still going to order the 1st grade readers..and probably the whole curriculum just because I want to see what its like.

I did order mcruffy gr 1 and I was impressed by it.

My friend uses it and her kids are really ,really good readers! I've wanted to use it after seeing her kids but I already have what I need :0/

personally, *any* writing skills beyond the learning how to write, gaining fluency, and the basics of writing (grammar skills) is all I would worry about for those early years. the other writing aspects will come soon enough.

K

Reply to topic

Search

Return to General Discussions