General Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Our schedule- not typical for everyone!

Our schedule- not typical for everyone!

My husband and I have three sons, an 11th grader, a 9th grader and a 6th grader. We have homeschooled all of their schooling (except preschool and one year of K). I always thought that once they became "independent learners" I would have more free time. Not so! I'm not spending as much time actually teaching them, but there is a lot of work involved in making sure we are covering complete subjects and staying on track. We can't do as many things together anymore either, although we still do what we can.

So, my typical week looks like this:
Mon and Wed morning- oldest DS has a class at comm college.
Friday- the class is a 3-hr lab
Monday afternoons- DS #2 has Alg 1 class from 12-2 with an outside tutor; DS #1 has Alg 2 class from 2-4 with same teacher. It's a small class of five students each, with awesome results.
Tues- all of us go to our hs co-op all day and take (teach in my case) our classes
One day during the week DH has the day off. Schooling on that day is normally less, as we do things together or the guys take care of chores, etc.
We usually have some form of school work on Sat- finishing up assignments, etc.

Football season just ended. That involved practices two nights a week and games two nights a week. Basketball starts next week with practices three times a week until games start mid-Dec.
Music lessons- piano and guitar

Yup, that's the craziness that we call life here. lol

3sonsinNW

Reply to topic

Search

Return to General Discussions