Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

ACE users how many pages do you expect your dc to do each day in their PACES??

ACE users how many pages do you expect your dc to do each day in their PACES??

i'm just wondering because i'm having issues with my ds getting 3 to 4 pages done each day in each pace. i'm frustrated and he's frustrated because it's taking him hours and hours each day to complete all of this. please let me know how many pages you have your dc do in each pace a day. he's in the 5th grade level paces.

jen

re: ACE users how many pages do you expect your dc to do each day in their PACES??

We do an average of 3 pgs daily. However, if they're struggling with a concept, I would have them stop when their eyes start to glaze over. It's better to take a few days to really understand a concept than to be rushed through with minimal understanding.

re: ACE users how many pages do you expect your dc to do each day in their PACES??

Minimum of 2 pages a day in each subject.

Tammy

My son does 3 pages per day except in Economics/Civics he does only 2. Then he has a day for the self test, a day for study and then a day for the test. Any faster than this and it becomes too stressful. This year we finally have the right amount down in the past we shot for the 4 pages a day and it just didn't work for us.

It depends on the number of pages in the pace. We complete each pace in a maximum of 3 weeks. If a child is really struggling w/ a concept, we'll slow down that particular subject but we'll also spend more time on that subject broken up throughout the day.

Praising Him,
Kim
www.blessed2bamommy.com

With dd4th, it depends on what is on each page. Sometimes we do two pages, sometimes we do four.

thanks for the relies. maybe i'm expecting too much from my ds. he's doing the 5th grade level paces and on most days i'm having him do 4 to 5 pages in every pace. sometimes if i feel like we're getting behind i'll have him do 6 pages in each pace. most days he's doing work until dark and it's causing major attitude problems in our house between ds and i. so thanks for letting me know how many pages you all are having your child do. i am going to back him down to 2 pages for now.

When I start a pace, the first few pages are usually very easy, so we aim for 4-6 on that first day. After that we usually do 3 pages a day, sometimes four if I see that there is an easy page in the mix. In this way we always finish a pace somewhere between two to three weeks. We have never passed more than 3.

I've looked over some of the 5th grade paces, and there is a lot more reading in those, so I already see that we will probably be doing 3 pages per pace. If it starts to get difficult, I'll drop it to two. You will be surprised with how quickly the attitude changes after that, and sometimes, it's just what they need to booster confidence as well.

We love Social Studies and Science and are now test driving Word Building and Lit. and CW. The jury is still out on those two for us, but the first two, we are sticking with for a while. :)

Dee

ps When I have seen my son struggle or slow down with a subject, I will usually get more involved and ask if he wants us to read the pace together. That usually helps a lot as well, and it isn't long before he is wanting to fly solo again, even though I try to keep it lighthearted and fun!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions