Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Day-day lesson plans for Apologia: Who Is God? book

Day-day lesson plans for Apologia: Who Is God? book

Just wondering if there are any lesson plans or day by day schedule invented by some very motivated mom for these Apologia Worldview books out there yet? I'm going to have my ds13 read this on his own for Bible this year. It looks pretty simple to glance through on my own and come up with some start/stop points, but hey, if someone has already done the leg-work, I'd like to know about it, KWIM? I know these are fairly new books, but it never hurts to ask, right? :)

Of course, I will be one step ahead in pre-reading what his next lesson is, but it would be nice to have some sort of tangible schedule to refer to, all neat and tidy to speak to my organized mind that loves predictability. :)

Anyone out there already using this book? How are you doing it? Angela? Michelle? Anyone? Any of your kiddos reading it on their own?

Nancy

Nancy

re: Day-day lesson plans for Apologia: Who Is God? book

bump

I was looking at samples of this yesterday. Looks wonderful!

The age recommendation for it is pretty broad. I take it it can be used for either independent study OR multi-level use? As a group, I mean.

Hey Nancy!

On Saturday, when I'm typing up the boys' lesson plan sheets, I skim it and look for those natural breaks, typing up the plans accordingly. However, at the end of the week, I modify it according to how it actually went and reprint the plans if need be. We're now at the end of our second week now I'm definitely getting a better feel for it.

The lack of a daily lesson plan is one of the reasons I almost dumped it, but I decided to stick with it and am *so* glad we did. It's how we start our day, and I just let the Holy Spirit guide. And He does. :)

Wish I could be of more help!

Angela

This post was edited on Aug 19, 2010 08:55 AM

In the beginning of the book, on pg. XII, there's a sample of how to schedule this by the week using it 3 times a week.
I've not made up a schedule of our own, but we read to a logical stopping place when we do it together as a family devotion.
If our children were using it on their own, I'd make some kind of
loose schedule.

Sorry I can't help more.
Michelle32

OK, well, ya never know unless ya ask! :)

I'm going to have my ds keep a Bible notebook. Nothing fancy, just more of a journal to copy certain scriptures, write out the vocab words/definitions, and write a pargraph once in a while concerning some of the discussion questions. Mostly, I just want him to read this book! It's so good! I guess I'll just try to be one step ahead of him in his reading. I'm going to jot down what we end up doing from day to day for future reference for other dc.

I'm also having him read Boyhood and Beyond this year as well.

He also has a list of monthly memory work to do...one (fairly large) chunk of a passage per month. ACE has some nice selections already suggested for this, so I think I'll use those.

Looking forward to getting started!

I'm in organizing mode right now if you can't tell. :)

Nancy

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions