Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Dianne Craft

Dianne Craft

Has anyone consistantly used the brain integration therapies in Dianne Craft's book for six months or more? Is there anyone here who is familiar with her methods?
thanks!

re: Dianne Craft

bump--I think Mary Arnold uses this?
Anyone?

I posted a question about Dianne Craft's program a while back. Here's the link to the thread:

http://homeschoolreviews.com/forums/1/thread.aspx?id=65386

I only used the Brain Integration Therapy (BIT) methods for a short while but after some good discussion here, decided to let my ds go back to using the hand he wanted. He's doing great. Still very precise and not a fast writer but I've learned that its most likely not due to his mixed dominance but its just who he is. He even draws like every line and squiggle is extremely important. Most importantly, he's happy and not hesitant to write! But he never had any of the other problems like reversing words or letters or other struggles.

Anyhow, hope the thread discussion helps. I have Dianne Craft's BIT manual that I was planning on selling if you are interested.

Have the manuel but never used consistently. Sorry not much help. I found that with both my dc the actities were just time consuming.

I have used Dianne Crafts's materials successfully with my daughter for six months and more. Last year my dd did the writing eight exercises for six months and this stopped her letter reversals. We continue to do other exercises every morning to "warm-up" her brain. I have also used the sight word cards and parts of the right-brained phonics program.

Do you have specific questions I could help you with?

Sharon

Thanks! I was just wondering about the effectiveness and you answered that. I just did not want to invest the time in this program if moms were not seeing good results, kwim? I did email her with a question and have not heard back, but I hope I will soon. I am eager to get started.

I just thought I would add that I never did the repatternings. I just never found the time to fit them in. I chose the things which I thought were most needed and they worked well. I hope it works well for you.

Sharon

bump

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions