Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

ACE Paces and review?

ACE Paces and review?

My dd needs mastery but also needs review. Does this cirr. have both? I can only find simply mastery with barely any review or spiral and she needs to have a more mastery approach.

re: ACE Paces and review?

hi
the only review is in the check ups and self test. then you have a test. The tests are easy.
Rod and Staff has more review and they are a mastery approach.
I found that this year my daughter did not learn much from ace. I do like the workbook style. It is a good program.
i hope this helps.
Have a great day

I think there is enough review. In looking at my scope and sequence, I see that each pace reviews some topics that were in other previous paces.

It is mastery based, but I think it has a decent amount of review.

In regards to ACE and review built into paces, I will state this will be reflected better if your dd utilizes all of the components of LA. This means English, Word Building and Lit. and CW. I used it for 2 years(we are trying BJU this year but if it does not work will return to ACE). I definelty noticed review with all 3 workbooks. This means you will see a concept coverered in A Word building pace after it has been introduced in English. This also is applied within the Lit and CW paces. That said doing all the workbook pages can get tedious at times. My dd retained some things. ONe thing I considered negative was the focus on one part of speech without having child mark or recognize previously learned part of speech. I guess that would be diagramming(which does come into play more in 5th grade paces). I do like the paces but I would agree that R&S has more review built into it. R&S does not work for dd as she just did not favor the Black and white and no workbook. MY dd has learning issues as well. She works better with mastery.

Another thing about ACE is that it does revisit information each year just more indepth. I did think the 5th grade looked good but wanted to try BJU(my plan is we will do it the whole year and if we do not like will return to ACE for her). My ds does not do as well with all mastery based programs.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions