Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

HS Spanish Curriculum?

HS Spanish Curriculum?

DS says he wants to do Spanish for his foreign language. What program do you recommend? :)

re: HS Spanish Curriculum?

We were using BJU online, and it was a decent program. We moved and got so far behind that we haven't picked it back up though. Hope this helps.

There is mangolanguages.com. Click on Pricing and you will see Free through your library's site or pay versions. Not sure of the difference. We have been doing that for 24 weeks and I have my son keep a list of all the new words and their translations. He doesn't practice like he should throughout the week but he said there is ongoing review as in they use old words to make sentences with the new words.

We've been using Abeka's Spanish 1 and 2 through their A Beka Academy.

There is a new one I just found called TalkBox.Mom.
It can be pricey if you choose it to be. You can just get the book and/or subscribe to get extra talk boxes every 1-2 months. I don't like that set up but it is what it is. I might invest just b/c of how easy and practical it seems to be. I can easily see my child actually knowing Spanish! Right now he is doing Mango and doesn't really try to use it and doesn't remember much of what he is learning. He writes all the new words and I hear him repeating the sentences but it isn't sticking.
It looks as if it is an immersion style but so much more...organic. And, for us, it it will fix the problem of not practicing during the week since Spanish will be going on all day everyday in spurts here and there. I am getting the book next month to start.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions