Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

7th Grade History suggestions

7th Grade History suggestions

You all helped me with my grammar decision so I thought I'd ask for some history input. So far for 7th grade I plan to do Wordly Wise, BJU Grammar & Writing 7, Zaner-Bloser Handwriting, BJU Literature and history related literature books. I'm wrestling most over history now and will settle on Science once I decide on History.

We are currently Notgrass America the Beautiful. It has gone pretty well. So I am considering Adam to Us, but I don't want to cover that much of a time period so if I use it I'll probably only use the first book, which makes me feel like Notgrass wouldn't be the direction I want to go. A friend of mine has offered me to use any of her My Father's World books so I am also considering Creation to Christ. I would only have to purchase the student sheets and the literature books I would want to add on. I have also been looking at Master Books World's Story 1 and Mystery of History. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time deciding. It may be crazy to even ask if I can use MFW without having to buy much why not? But I do get a little overwhelmed looking at the weekly assignments. I'm not a structured person so it would probably do us a lot of good to have such a structured assignment book but it does worry me that I'd end up frustrated with trying to keep up with it.

Any thoughts?

re: 7th Grade History suggestions

My 7th grader is using Mystery of History book 3. I think it's very well written and enjoyable to read through. We are not activity people, so I have her do narrations and written summaries of what she has read instead. I guess you could get the MOH notebooking pages as well to create a really cool notebook. I was just too cheap to buy that option ;)

re: 7th Grade History suggestions

https://www.criticalthinking.com/world-history-detective-book.html

This is a history/reading comprehension/test prep book. Paired with some good literature choices, I think it makes a decent course. One of my scholars used it in 8th grade.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions