Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

What to do when everyone is sick?

What to do when everyone is sick?

All three kids and I are sick. It's March and I really thought we had dodged the sickness bullet this year. What do you all do when everyone is sick and not up for doing actual lessons? We will probably just veg in front of the tv today and find something educational to watch. Maybe break out the Drive Thru History dvds.

re: What to do when everyone is sick?

(((((blessedlife3 and dc)))))

If everyone is sick, then you all rest and drink lots of fluids and wash your hands frequently...and veg in front of the TV, or sleep, or whatever. It doesn't matter if what you watch on TV is "educational" or not. Just get well.

This post was edited on Mar 07, 2018 08:37 AM

what ellie said.

If everyone is sick, you don't have to turn it into an educational substitute teacher kind of day.

however, if you are in danger of not being legal for some reason (like you've won't have enough so called attendance days to report and you have to have today be "instructional day"), then all of your lessons are hands on unit study Health class all day and document it as such. what did you do to get well, what was avoided, how did you know what to eat/drink, how to clean. when to call or not call doctor.
but I really can't imagine that is needed. kwim?

get well soon.

ooh.. I thought of something you could do today if you're still sick?

do any of your children have permission to post for you and bump up legit threads to knock down the spam bots? LOL.

just kidding. well sorta.

hope some of y'all feel better today enough to watch those history DVD ,and get some "home ec" done with cleaning.

Hydrate, rest, eat healthy as your appetite allows

Watch some educational or spiritual movies/shows

Audio Bible (Psalms is soothing) YouVersion is a great resource.

Audiobooks

Easy card or board games

REST :)

Hope you are back up to par soon.
Michelle32

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions