Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

It's time...

It's time...

Our homeschooling journey is coming to an end soon. Sniff, sniff.
It's been a glorious, fruit-bearing adventure that we will always cherish. There are few regrets-none of which are worthy of fret.
We've had a great time as a family. Now, we are doing college.
The kids STILL need our guidance and are greatly influenced by our example as parents. Our job is NOT over just because we no longer order the learning materials or direct the lesson/plans. Our input is still desired and given as requested. The parent relationship changes with age, but we are still involved and interested in the process of young adulthood growth. It's been a pleasure to see them grow up and out. They are not out of our nest or wallet yet, but are on the way. We are grateful God's given us so much time and opportunity to be in our children's lives. It's exciting times here with them working, going to college, and expanding their social circles. All that said, I'm about to be completely retired of my homeschool role in our family. I will not be searching to fill that gap, but allowing God to show me His will for my time. I've already seen Him working in a few directions and am open to His calling.
I've been focusing more on my spiritual walk and spending less time online, so I don't post here much. It's been a great 12 years on this site with you ladies. Thanks for support, prayers, and wisdom.
HSR has been a special place of online friendships. Thank YOU!
God bless,
Michelle32

re: It's time...

Congratulations on your homeschool journey, and I just wanted to say thank you for the positive encouragement and help you've been on this board. I've always appreciated things you've shared or asked along the way since I started reading here about 9 years ago. We will be walking this journey with our oldest this spring, but will still have a few more years of homeschooling with our younger ones.

Thanks so much for your post! :)

Congrats Michelle! I have always enjoyed your posts. Enjoy whatever the next season of life brings!

Congratulations! I have really appreciated your posts through the years. You have always been very gracious and helpful. May God bless you and your family!

Oh, so glad I popped in and saw this, Michelle. Congratulations to you and your hubby!

'Tis bittersweet... we're almost there ourselves. (Only 3.5 years left here.) I love what you said about them not being out of your house yet... or your wallet. ;o) Your world will be different now, but God never changes and He will continue to provide all that you need!

Many blessings to you and your family, Michelle. <3

Congrats Michelle! I wish you the best and hope you continue to pop in some here...

fun@home

Congratulations, Michelle!!!

Ahhh...Bittersweet...

Don't be too much of a stranger around here. :)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions