Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Abeka prices

Abeka prices

I've used a BJU online class this year for science. I like the format, but it was HARD! I thought I'd look into Abeka online, but it seems so much more expensive. One course for BJU is $299 plus the 25% convention discount. Abeka looks like over $400 per course. Am I missing something? Do they offer any discounts to compete with BJU?

re: Abeka prices

Well, their full year DVD enrollment is definitely far less expensive than just one course. For example, a full year with all subjects in high school is just under $800 if you already have the textbooks, or a little more if you need the books, too. That is what we use, full year with all subjects, and it's cost effective that way.

The discounts I'm aware of would be in the spring/summer at their motel meetings.

I'm beyond pleased with their program, and the support is nothing short of amazing. Even in the upper level maths and sciences, if your student has any trouble understanding, they will walk them right through the problem, bit by bit. They will also help them figure out their scientific calculator. Etc. So there is a lot of value for the money.

re: Abeka prices

Right now BJU Distance Learning courses are on sale for $99/course without any books. This sale lasts until 1/23/18. HTH, Cheryl

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions