Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Teaching kindergarten

re: Teaching kindergarten

Hands down, Explode the Code. So many phonics programs are so complicated, which is completely unnecessary. Explode the Code is simple and effective. I used it with all of my children with great success, and recommend it to everybody I know.

Thanks ladies for chiming in! I love to hear your thoughts. It’s given me some things to reflect on!

In looking back at the things we've used for kindergarten, we've had good success with ABeka, Explode the Code, The Reading Lesson, R&S Preschool workbooks, Teach Your Child to Read with 100 Easy Lessons, as well as Little Hands to Heaven or Little Hearts for His Glory, too. Not all at once, but with different kids, different years. I think if I had a little kindergartener to teach, I'd probably get the ACE kindergarten program (Ace and Christi, if I'm remembering correctly). It looks cute, and seems to be pretty successful in getting them ready for, and reading fairly quickly. I wish I could have known about it when we were struggling to teach my 2nd and 3rd children to read. Might have been perfect for them. Anyway, just ideas....blessings on teaching your sweet little kindergartener! ;)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions