Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Is there a history curriculum that meets these criteria?

re: Is there a history curriculum that meets these criteria?

Thank you all. I think for now we are just going to continue with reading through America's Story and taking rabbit trails as needed. I don't think I need to be stressing this bad over history. That's what I do though. Stress and obsess until I figure it out. :/ We all enjoy history more when we do it together. For now Ace 8th grade history is out.

If I can second another reviewers post, I would also suggest Veritas Self paced courses.

I have a ds that doesn't like to read textbooks, but will read regular books (ex. loves Geronimo Stilton although it is well-below his ability). He asks to do it and even asks to do more than one lesson! I would suggest definitely getting the cards to go with the program. Not sure if I'm supposed to do this, but I let them look at the cards for the quizzes and tests. He does great on them and will even re-take them if he gets one wrong. He would never do this for another subject. I just add in extra reading even though they do have book suggestions.

I'd say Mystery of History utilizing the Activity book portions that are suitable for the age! Any depth can be had through a research project or paper, although they have those in the Activity part as well.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions