Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Megawords...

Megawords...

I'm considering this for two of my older kids (and eventually my youngers as well) to use for spelling help. They're in 8th and 10th, but have dyslexic tendencies and spelling has always been a struggle. I feel like we've tried almost everything out there for spelling, with no lasting success. In reading the reviews here on this site, they were all positive and helpful, but I'm curious if others have experience using this program. Please share your thoughts or experience....thank you! ;)

This post was edited on Oct 30, 2017 07:46 AM

re: Megawords...

I wrote the most recent of those reviews. My daughter is now in 9th grade. We LOVED Megawords! I still have no idea how it worked , but it worked very well and was very inexpensive too. My daughter used it in 6th and 7th. She now has very little trouble spelling. She does misspell some words occasionally, but it isn't ten words a paragraph like before. She writes a lot. Misspells maybe 3 or 4 words in an an entire research paper. And believe me, we tried almost EVERYTHING out there before Megawords. (I sound like a commercial, Lol)

I highly recommend giving it a try.

re: Megawords...

Thanks Bec, I read your review and found it very helpful. :) Thanks for sharing a bit more about how well it worked for your daughter. I'm really leaning toward getting it, as it sounds like it might just be the thing that finally helps improve spelling for these two. ;)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions