Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Fun Schooling with Thinking Tree books

Fun Schooling with Thinking Tree books

Has anyone here used these? I am looking at the Reading Time journal, Do It Yourself Homeschool journals, teach yourself to draw books. Among others. Does anyone have experience with these? I would love to hear your thoughts.

re: Fun Schooling with Thinking Tree books

Yes, we love them. This is our first year using them. We have the Poetry Collection Level C book, the DIY History Timeline, and one of the Do it yourself Homeschool Journals for my younger daughter, and just a High School Journal for my older daughter. My 15 year old doesn't like it nearly as much as my younger, or it could be her health issues in the way. But, on bad days when I am not able to assist with school much or at all it is still possible for school to happen. I use other stuff too, but on bad days it's just that. It seems to go more easily with a self motivated student, but I guess that's with anything, really. If I had it to do over though, I would not have ordered the one with the horse on the cover for my 13 year old. It's not the horse themed one, it just has a horse drawing on it. It has a lot of baby drawings to color and write about. She doesn't particularly enjoy them, but it could be better once her nephew and my grandson will be born.

re: Fun Schooling with Thinking Tree books

We use them! In the nutshell we do a lesson in math a day, an hour of reading for literature, and an hour in a Thinking Tree Do-It-Yourself Unschooling Journal with whatever books, games, movies, documentaries, YouTube tutorials, local classes, ect., that interest us.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions