Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Has anyone used CLE math for high school?

Has anyone used CLE math for high school?

We love CLE math and my oldest is almost finished with the 8th grade book. Has anyone used their algebra, geometry, etc for high school. I've read most people switch to Saxon after CLE 8th, but I don't want to switch if there's not a good reason, like it doesn't cover the material needed or it is confusing. But I'd hate to order it and then see that it is lacking. Just looking for someone who has used it and can tell me if they like it or dislike it or it worked for the kids who went to college.
Thanks
Sharee Spicer

re: Has anyone used CLE math for high school?

From what I understand, only the algebra is the same as the earlier levels of CLE. After that, I believe their higher level math texts are simply reprints of Lifepac math.

They are supposedly working on finishing the upper levels at some point but it is taking a really long time.

I used grade one to grade eight CLE math with my oldest but I haven't used any of the high school math levels.

I have used CLE's world history (grade 10) and it was so different than the "CLE" product that I was used to that it was just liked I had switched to a different publisher even though the label still said CLE. It wasn't completely terrible but it wasn't the same standard as the updated (sunrise) CLE curriculum that we had experienced.

Anyway, just sharing to let you know that if you continue with the CLE math at the high school you will be switching to a different publisher (old lifepac/ AOP) anyway.

There is a preliminary new edition of CLE algebra but I haven't been following the reviews of it.

We used the new Algebra with great success. It is a thorough and rigorous program. We switched for geometry and algebra 2 because of it being the older version.
We love CLE math and hope they redo the others soon!

I'm not familiar with CLE on any level, but if their higher levels (any subject) are Lifepacs, I cannot recommend those at all. I taught in a Christian school which used them a million years ago, and they are not well-written at all. I would use almost anything besides them.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions