Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Math Lessons for a Living Education, CLE, R&S, or Math U See

Math Lessons for a Living Education, CLE, R&S, or Math U See

Which math do you think is best for a 7.5 year old that struggles a little with math/numbers, and needs repetition to understand concepts...Math Lessons for a Living Education, CLE, R&S, or Math U See?

This post was edited on Apr 20, 2017 03:03 PM

re: Math Lessons for a Living Education, CLE, R&S, or Math U See

Well, I haven't used the others you mentioned, but Math Lessons for A Living Education is great, and there is lots of review, too. It really teaches in a way that makes sense to less mathy brains, too. We really like it!

My middle child who is now almost 12 struggled tremendously with math for years. We switched to MUS and it's like a light bulb went off. We had also tried rod and staff with her. My youngest child who is 9 prefers rod and staff over mus. He hates MUS. But I also think he would do well with Math lessons for living education because he also loves Life of Fred. Different kids, different curriculum. My oldest likes saxon.

CLE is great for teaching in a clear, understandable way, while providing great review in every lesson. ;)

I personally feel CLE is the winner when it comes to plenty of review. It is overall my favorite math curriculum. I am using Math Lessons for a Living Education with my youngest right now. We both love it. She was using CLE, but she didn't like it like my older two did. I realized she needed a different approach. It has been wonderful, but I have had to slow down and teach to the side a little to make sure she understands before we move on. She is my struggler, so I'm sure for most there is plenty of review.

Rod and Staff's math is so good. :-) The first three years require you to actually teach first, using the every excellent scripted oral lessons in the teacher manual. The seatwork just reinforces what you have taught.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions