Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

MayberryMommy please look here

MayberryMommy please look here

I read you post earlier but haven't had time to respond and came back just now to see your post deleted. Not sure if you moved it or just took it down, but wanted to tell you that my ds is 15 and does the same thing yours does. I never knew there was a name for it, so thanks for that.

I haven't notice him do it lately, but we have talked about it with him in the past and he never noticed he did it until we brought attention to it and then he would catch himself doing it. Even though he knew he was doing it, he had to finish the repeat under his breath. He is my neat nick, too. He knows if we've moved a lego figure position and will return him to his original position if he walks by and notices it moved. He would just laugh and say we've been in his room. He's an awesome boy. He is always helping out throughout the day without me ever having to ask. I couldn't ask for a better son. He's quirky, but we all have our quirks.

If you ever want to chat and compare notes, you can email me MorningSong88 at gmail dot com.

I really never thought of it as a symptom of something or what it might be related to. Now that I think about it, I haven't noticed him do it lately, but he used to do it all the time. I will have to take note of it if he starts up again to see if it is stress related or if he really did grow out of it.

I can delete this post after you see it, too.

This post was edited on Mar 16, 2017 08:00 PM

re: MayberryMommy please look here

Thank you! I was thinking I was making a big deal out of nothing, so I figured I would just delete it. I think my boy sounds a lot like yours. He is a bit quirky, very neat and super helpful and pleasant.

It is that little whisper repeat thing that bothers me.....But if it's never worse than this, it will go unnoticed by many people.

For those that missed it, I think it's palilalia.

re: MayberryMommy please look here

Two of my children have done this, off and on, when reading aloud to me. They will softly repeat the last couple words in the sentence that they are finishing.

But, they have other tics as well.

One of them has been diagnosed with Tourettes, and the other has not. (Maybe because he seems to have a lighter case, so I never even brought it up to the pediatrician.)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions