Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Question for those that have used The Great Courses video's

re: Question for those that have used The Great Courses video's

sounds like a good plan to me. I don't know what all he will need in the future for any credentials or continuing education in his field. Even when I was a part time group fitness instructor, we had to keep current and attend seminars once a year and takes notes. The gym owner had to take other seminars for business side.

or maybe he'll never need that. I dont' know.

Hello,
I have bought several great courses and would just like to add:
Each course comes with a Course Guidebook that includes objectives, scope and outline for each lecture. There are also suggested readings and questions to ponder at the end of each lecture. These are very much college level courses, no doubt about it. Many I have listened to twice just to really understand what the lecturer is saying...I have really enjoyed all the courses I have purchased and listen to them over and over again. I recommend picking something you all are super interested in because the content can be tough at times!

He will watch almost all of the lectures for Fitness and Physiology. I have watched several of these already and they are very good and presented in an fairly easy to understand way. The instructor is great! My son walked in while I was previewing one and asked what I was watching and when I told him he said "really! I like listening to him, those will be great!". If he isn't interested in something he will usually tell me, he's not one to hold back. So to have this enthusiasm tells me he will really enjoy these.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions