Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Need opinions/info about BJU 8th grade Lit.

Need opinions/info about BJU 8th grade Lit.

How is the video lessons for this? I have looked at the sample,but was wondering, for the long haul? My ds has used BJU in the past. The whole program for a grade is not a good fit for us, since I "think" I have to do it all! (insert eye roll). However, I would like a good literature explanation. DS is not an expert reader, but has been o.k. in the past with BJU.
Just wondering how difficult is the 8th?? Wondering if Abeka is a better fit or not. We have been using ACE this past semester and not extremely happy with that. Thanks in advance!

fun@home

This post was edited on Jan 10, 2017 09:18 AM

re: Need opinions/info about BJU 8th grade Lit.

It's been a while since we used this, but if it is the same as it was then, it was fine. My dc did prefer some of the other years' material (6th and 7th were favorites), but they did not dislike this at all.

Eta: I had the A Beka 8th grade book here, they scanned it, and much preferred the BJUP book.

Keep in mind, we did not use the DVDs or online teaching with this. I had the TE and used my modified approach (not using it totally as scripted, but our way, similar to but not exactly the same as the way I described for another level in another thread) and it worked fine. That saved us a lot of time and the dc really enjoyed it. BUT I know that a lot of people really prefer using the DVDs or streaming.

This post was edited on Jan 10, 2017 12:36 PM

re: Need opinions/info about BJU 8th grade Lit.

Thanks gr8fl2bhis! I am debating between the BJU and Abeka. I do need to get this done in one semester, as I have only had ds read 1st semester, which hasn't really been enough books, imo. I will think on it more. DS is not going to pick up a book unless forced! Ugh!

fun@home

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions