Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

I have to homeschool again

I have to homeschool again

Ds refused to go to school most of the semester so I unenrolled him to avoid being proscuited for educational neglect. He had a chance to go back and said he wanted to. I got an alarm and made him responsible for getting up. He didn't. I can homeschool to get him ready for high school and put him in then. I just do not know what yo do now.

I really cannot afford curriculum. The attendance officer says to get things off of the internet. I am bad at math so printing off worksheets will not help. You tube videos are great but I need something guiding me when to teach what. I have no confidence anymore. Ds has spent a year telling me that I never taught him anything.

Any advice is welcome. I know we need to concentrate on math spelling and reading.

re: I have to homeschool again

I'm so sorry. :( Have you looked into something like Time4Learning? It wasn't our favorite program, but I know a family who used it through the senior year.

Also, Easy Peasy Homeschool is free, and is one of Cathy Duffy's Top Picks.

So sorry!

There is Khan Academy, free online, for math. You could use that and work through the lessons.

Agreeing about Easy Peasey and Khan Academy!

:)

Look into Easy Peasy All in one homeschool. It is what I'll be doing with some of mine next year. Completely free, every subject you need, and actually looks pretty good.

Good luck.

Agreeing with All In One Homeschool. The middle school math looks really good. They are organized for you, List links for Khan Academy lessons to be watched followed by a printable worksheet to practice the skills taught, and there is a link to free tutors you can email if you have a question. So, you are not left on your own.

I know we need to concentrate on math spelling and reading.

I don't know how this will work with your 14 y.o son's level for reading comprehension, and spelling.
But another free internet thing to look at might be Good and Beautiful curriculum. I'm linking to the language arts page. There's an assessment for helping with levels. and some of the levels you can order the PDF version of the course for free. This will mean either screen time or printing out of course.
http://www.jennyphillips.com/la/

thanks, I will check them out.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions