Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Announcement: I'm quitting school

Announcement: I'm quitting school

O.K. I'm quitting school for 3 or 4 weeks.

Reasons:

1. I'm burned out with the pace of keeping up with employment outside the home, homeschooling, carting kids to their stuff, keeping house, cooking meals.

2. I have years and years and years of clutter, junkmail, and homeschool material piled up and I feel completely immobilized by it.

3. The window between our 6 months of winter and hot summer is slim. When summer hits I do NOT want to be stuck in the house decluttering.

So. I told the kids that they will be continuing with their studies without my assistance through mid-May. If they have questions they can make notes and ask their dad when he gets home. But I am going to de-school for a week, attend with clutter (gonna be brutal with it, too!) and then tend to the cleaning of my home. I will rejoin them and help them finish out the year in mid-May.

That is all.

re: Announcement: I'm quitting school

Hope your plan works well for you all and that you get a lot of decluttering done!!
Clutter can be so paralyzing!

Sounds good! You will feel *freed* when it is all done. :)

Sounds like a GREAT plan!! (kinda wish I could do the same, actually)

K

I know the feeling. It is so hard to keep up. I am taking one day a week to try and get house clean and decluttered.

I totally feel your pain...

One of the things I am planning to schedule this upcoming year is one day a month of no school and all cleaning. I have to schedule it in all the kids' planners so it will happen.

enjoy the de-cluttering and cleaning

rmiz

WOW!!! I love your plan. I hope you accomplish all you set out to do!

That's what homeschooling is all about...if your kids are old enough decluttering could be on their agenda as well:).

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions