Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Prairie Primer

re: Prairie Primer

I didn't do pp when my dd was into Laura and I keep kicking myself. I wanted to go to desmit too. That time has now passed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry, Farmschool. :(
I know exactly how you feel as I have btdt with my olders.

Long story short, we were once within an hour of DeSmet and I wanted to go there. Time constraints did not permit it, though, so we never got there. That same trip, however, we were able to tour Rocky Ridge Farm in Mansfield, Mo.

Life is only so long, I guess. There isn't time enough to do everything I wish I could do with my dc!

Life is only so long, I guess. There isn't time enough to do everything I wish I could do with my dc!
~~~~~~~~~~~

You are right. There are a ton of things I wish I could do with my little one. The zoo would be a good starting place. But with our current situation, we have to be content with learning about things outside our own yard by reading books. Although we all have regrets and wishes sometimes we just have to be happy with where we are and with what God has given us. Sometimes that is not easy.

Don't think you have to skip PP because you have boys! I did this with a son and a daughter. There were equally as many boy topics as girl topics (Railroad, Pony Express, the California Gold Rush, looking for animal scat!, and so many more)! So, you may want to consider it for your boys. It would still be a TON of fun!

Has anyone used the PP for high school? I'm considering it for my 3rd and 6th grade sons for next year and was going to do something different for my 9th grade son. However, I think he would really enjoy this study. I'm wondering if I can just assign additional reading and research assignments for his grade level and have everyone study the same time period. I would definately take more time with the Civil War than the PP suggests. What do you veteran PP users think? Thank you for your time.

modernpilgrim- I haven't used PP, but I came across a series of booklets by William Anderson called Laura Ingalls Wilder Family series.There are eight booklets in the series. I have only found the first two. They are entitled-"The Story of the Ingalls" and "The story of the Wilders". There is lots of interesting information that is not in the books.The ones that I have are only 32 and 44 pages long with lots of photos. You could probably find lots of subjects in the booklets to study, related to that time.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions